Global Food Security Cluster Meeting of Partners 5 and 6 November 2013 & Face-to-Face Working Group Meetings 4 November 2013
|Post date||Monday, 16 September, 2013 - 14:23|
The global Food Security Cluster (gFSC) meeting of partners was held on 5 and 6 November 2013 at the Food and Agriculture Organization in Rome, Italy. The meeting brought together more than 50 participants and observers representing approximately 43 different partner agencies. The meeting was facilitated by a variety of partners who guided specific sessions based on their technical knowledge and area of expertise. With a view to capturing direct inputs from the field, Cluster Coordinators, Information Managers and representatives from the NGO community also participated in the global Meeting of Food Security Cluster Partners.
The overall purpose of the meeting was to review the work of the gFSC throughout 2013 and to identify the strategic direction for 2014. The sessions addressed the following subject areas:
- Coordination Solutions – Learning from successful coordination models in Bangladesh and Gaziantep
- Long-Term Coordination Solutions - Learning from successful coordination models in Afghanistan and Somalia
- Update on the Transformative Agenda - Strategic Response Planning and the AAP Framework
- Coordination Challenges and Opportunities in the Syria Crisis
- Emerging Priorities - The gFSC strategic direction and work plan for the next 6 months
Monday 4 November was designated for the Face-to-Face Meetings of the gFSC Working Groups on Assessments, Food Security & Urban Livelihoods, and Inter-Cluster Food Security & Nutrition. These also took place at FAO. Participation wias restricted to members of the Working Groups.