Expert Food & Nutrition Security - FNS - Vacancy
|Post date||Thursday, 8 September, 2016 - 13:55|
Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns publically for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to implement projects with a high level of commitment under sometimes difficult conditions and possess the qualities listed below, we look forward to receiving your application for
Expert (m/f) Emergency Response “Food & Nutrition Security - FNS”
The position is to be filled at the earliest possible opportunity and has an initial contract term of 2 years. It is a part-time position (50%), implemented as a quota of 112 deployment days per year. There is an expectation of commitment beyond this quota, if required in acute emergency situations.
As an Expert Food & Nutrition Security (FNS) within the Humanitarian Assistance Team (HAT), you commit to being available for worldwide deployment, at the latest within 48 hours of an acute disaster/crisis situation or unforeseen assignment.
Aims and duties of the position
As Expert (m/f) Emergency Response “Food & Nutrition Security” (hereafter FNS), you are part of the 17-members strong Welthungerhilfe HAT where you are also responsible for the planning and implementation of emergency aid projects in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards.
Your main duties:
- Implement needs analyses in accordance with the standing FNS standards and methods in acute humanitarian disasters
- Provide specialist support during emergency phases and to project countries in the design, planning and implementation of projects in the area of FNS
- Write and elaborate project applications for emergency aid projects to be carried out with co-financing and own funds (principally, FFO, ECHO, DFID, OCHA, etc.)
- Develop and implement training/handbooks for the implementation of relevant approaches and methods in humanitarian assistance, in particular in the area of FNS
- Elaborate and support emergency preparedness measures related to FNS
- Represent WHH in relevant (specialist) committees of humanitarian assistance especially in the area of “Food & Nutrition Security“
- Further introduce and implement WHH minimum standards in the area of “Accountability/Core Humanitarian Standards“ (formerly HAP) in the planning and implementation of emergency aid measures, while also developing/identifying relevant guidelines and minimum requirements in emergency FNS.
As a qualified applicant, you are required to possess the following:
- A university or polytechnic degree in the area of nutritional sciences, agriculture sciences, humanitarian assistance, or a comparable relevant qualification
- Strong field experience in infant & young child feeding, supplementary feeding, CMAM, and non-medical interventions concerning the management of (acute) malnutrition
- Experience in agriculture in emergencies and in early recovery, Real Time Evaluation, IHL, protection & inclusion, procurement regulations are a plus
- Several years of project relevant professional experience in: the design and implementation of Nutrition in Emergency projects of international (aid) organisations during emergency and rehabilitation phases
- Strong field experience in conducting nutrition and FS assessments at HH and community level and working with the Humanitarian Programming Cycle and Project Cycle Management
- Field experience in food security: food transfers, CTP, livelihoods
- Relevant overseas experience in the context of humanitarian disasters and the willingness to also work in countries with difficult security situations and areas of conflict and crises
- Coordination and organisation skills, ability to work in teams under difficult conditions and with a high level of cultural sensitivity and abiding got the humanitarian principles
- Very good levels of written and spoken French and English
We are offering you the opportunity to work in an exceptionally committed team with a high level of responsibility. Evidently, our offer also includes comprehensive training opportunities.
Please send a covering letter and CV by email, including the reference “10916”, by 15h September 2016 to Gabriele Merten (email@example.com).