To ensure that Food Security Cluster Coordinators have a good understanding of their roles and responsibilities, in particular in response to an IASC Level 3 emergency, the global Food Security Cluster has developed a training for Food Security Cluster Coordinators. This process involves four and half days of workshops and simulation training, preceded by pre-workshop exercises.
Past and next trainings
In 2014, the gFSC has organized four trainings (three in Rome and one in Bangkok).
In 2015, the first training was organized in April and mainly targeted stand-by partners. The training was hosted by the German Federal Agency for Technical Relief (THW) and facilitated by the gFSC team in Stuttgart, Germany. Another training was organised in July in Rome.
In 2016, two cluster coordinators’ trainings were held. The first training was organized in July and hosted by the German Federal Agency for Technical Relief (THW) in Stuttgart, Germany. The second training on cluster coordination was the first one organized in French and took place in November in Dakar, Senegal.
Details of the next training will be shared when available.
Qualifications and competencies of training participants:
- Professional experience in humanitarian response at a mid- or senior level including in the food security sector.
- Ability to work and plan at strategic as well as operational levels.
- Understanding of the international humanitarian response architecture, including co-ordination mechanisms, humanitarian reform and action, and funding mechanisms (e.g. Central Emergency Response Fund),
- Facilitation and communication: experience of high level coordination and chairing of meetings; ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders and develop consensus and joint working; excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Coping with pressure: ability to work productively in a pressurized environment and to maintain visibly high levels of morale in difficult circumstances.
If you have any questions, please contact Anne Callanan: email@example.com (Enter the given first name and last name of the person in the email address)